Saturday, January 9, 2010

Some changes for the New Year

It has been a while since my last post and quite a bit has happened.

First the biggest news. I got married! Well, eloped actually. It was just the 2 of us, no witness, no celebrant. In Colorado, the bride and groom are able to solemnize their own marriage and that is exactly what we did! We wanted a no fuss ceremony, and we liked the idea of marrying ourselves rather than paying a stranger to do it.

The other interesting thing was that I had a consult with another RE at a clinic a bit closer to home. Not exactly in my area but in the same state at least. They are more affordable than the clinics near my home, and decidedly more FSH and age-friendly. It was a good meeting, the RE disagreed with the protocols I had been on and outlined a different protocol, and his reasons made sense to me. No plans to cycle for a little while though, I have a few other things to do first: a saline sono to get a better look at a fibroid that might be too close to the uterine lining, and a trip overseas to visit the parents, who I haven't seen in 2 years.

The saline sono is coming up on the 20th, that's if my body cooperates and I get AF in time. The procedure needs to be done after bleeding has stopped and before ovulation so the timing is a bit tricky. I'm actually a tad nervous about what they may find, I really don't want to have more surgery but if the fibroid is in a bad spot then I may not have a choice.

1 comments:

JeanTX said...

Hey, stranger! Congrats! Welcome to married life!

Exciting news about the clinic. I want to hear more. I'm only just getting back in touch and lurking on the boards again. Not sure what to do, but at least not in hiding anymore. Thinking of you. Do you have my email? Drop me a line.

Post a Comment