Saturday, November 14, 2009

Doing the opposite

Since this cycle's baseline numbers are the same as last month, and last month's cycle crashed and burned, I am doing the opposite this month. I am taking the estinyl. This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George does the opposite to everything his instinct tells him to do, with amazing results. Well, I'm not expecting amazing results, I just want at least one follicle that will actually grow so I can do IVF.

I went in for bloodwork this morning hoping for the best. When the call back came this afternoon I got a bit of a shock because it was the doctor! Usually I speak to the nurses who relay the information from the doctor. Uh oh, I thought this can't be good. But there didn't seem to be anything to it other than the doctor just happened to be helping out with the callbacks today.

Numbers today are much better than this time last cycle. It is CD6 and the estinyl seemed to have normalized my numbers to what would be a decent baseline with which to start stims. I am thrilled that my FSH hasn't skyrocketed into the 20s or 30s this time. It could still go haywire from here, but I'll take it a day at a time.

FSH: 8
E2: 21
LH: 4
Prog: 0.9

0 comments:

Post a Comment