Thursday, June 11, 2009

Estinyl is not my Friend

Yesterday at CD9 the bloods showed another estradiol reading under 10, so the pattern is repeating itself with the estinyl even though I stopped taking it 3 days prior. And the ultrasound showed that the follies have all decreased in size, not just a bit but by 3mm! Isn't that weird? I know a bad cycle when I see one, and this is one of the worst I have had. Shrinking follies and next to no estradiol, yuck! I hope this isn't going to be a new pattern.

I don't have the patience to sit in a hotel and wait for something to happen this cycle, so I've officially pulled the plug. As I said before, I've given it a try with estinyl a few months ago and it wasn't pretty then either. It will save me less money in the long run to come home now rather than keep paying for the hotel and rental car, hoping that the cycle will turn around. The clinic said that they "completely understand", but was also open to continuing to see what happens. Well, if I lived in NJ that might be a plan, but I don't.

I'm sitting here in Houston airport right now on a long layover, annoyed and tired with all the travel and the disappointment, but pleased to be on my way home again to see DP. It will probably be another 3 weeks or so before the next cycle so plenty of time to do some fun things completely unrelated to TTC.

I do need to come up with a new plan with the RE though, so that will be in the works too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment