Friday, May 8, 2009

CD4 and up goes the FSH

Ah well, at least I had two good days of basking in the glow of a reasonable FSH number. Back to reality today, as I have found out that my FSH has jumped from 7 to 16 in only two days.

At least the E2 hasn't dropped, like it did the last time my FSH spiked. It is cruising along at 49. Which is alot better than the "less than 10" rut I was recently in.

And 3 little antrals have come out to play this month.

I am still trying to get the hang of this out of town monitoring thing. I tried a different lab today for the blood draw, thinking it may possibly be quicker. Big mistake! It is tough enough with the 3 hour time difference to get the results to the East Coast before they all leave for the day. But if any little thing goes wrong, then it is over for the day as there is so little wiggle room.

Today for instance, I get a call from Cooper saying that they hadn't received the blood results for the day, and that I should follow up with the place I had my labs done. Sigh... time for the results run around again.

After numerous phone calls trying to get a hold of somebody that might be able to help, I figure out that the local lab had faxed my results to the wrong number, despite having the correct fax number printed and circled on the lab slip. Once I figured out what had happened, and had my own results in hand to give to Cooper personally, it was too late in the day in NJ.

This is why out of town monitoring drives me nuts! It is still so early in the cycle that it really doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things whether my results get to the clinic today or tomorrow, but it is so darn annoying and time-consuming having to follow up with every fax and lab result.

So I am packing up and getting my butt over to NJ this weekend. Air fares are cheap right now, cheaper than some ultrasounds I have had. And it is so much less stressful when you take the whole remote monitoring thing out of the picture.

I am fortunate in that I don't need to take any time off work for travel as I am able to telecommute . So that's one less thing to worry about. I actually get alot more work done during these stints away from home as there are fewer distractions.

But, for someone recently diagnosed with panic disorder, a cross-country trip could be very interesting indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment