Saturday, May 23, 2009

3dp3dt

I've been taking it easy in the hotel since the transfer. Yesterday I had some sharp, pinching sensations down around my uterus, I wasn't sure what that was about so I immediately stopped what I was doing to lay down for a while. Also had some mild cramping since the transfer, which I think has been fairly typical of past transfers. Again, laying down seems to help with that too.

I went in for an ultrasound and blood work this morning. The lining was 9mm and HH, which is apparently the pattern that is most receptive to implantation. The last two cycles I never got the TL pattern that nearly everyone seems to get before retrieval, but I somehow end up with the HH when it matters.

E2 was 206, and progesterone was 86.

I'm not on any estradiol supplementation, I think the level is ok since I only had the one follicle at retrieval. I'm on heaps of progesterone though: 400mg suppositories twice a day, plus 200mg oral Prometrium. A total of 1000mg per day!

Progesterone makes me drowsy, for me it is a calming hormone (especially at the doses that Cooper has me on). I have not had even the slightest symptom of anxiety or panic since starting the progesterone. I don't even feel the need to carry the Xanax around with me everywhere I go any more, I am so relaxed.

All in all, I'm in pretty good spirits despite being stuck in NJ a little longer than expected due to flights filling up early for the holiday weekend. I'll be flying back home tomorrow.

I just did a count and this was transfer #14. So although the process itself is fairly routine by now, we're still very excited and feel lucky to have an embie on board, that thrill never lessens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment